As of August 1, 2020 Kenya’s borders are open to international commercial flights and American travelers are more than welcome!
These are the current travel protocols for Kenya as of August 6, 2020 (note these are being updated regularly)
Before embarking on your journey, please note that guests are required:
- To arrange for their own PCR COVID-19 tests.
- To present a copy of COVID-19 medical results at the check in counter and the results must be negative.
- To follow all Government guidelines.
Air Travel & Arrival Protocol:
- Passengers arriving to Kenya will not have to undergo mandatory quarantine unless they exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or if they are seated within 2 rows of someone who exhibits symptoms during a flight.
- Passengers are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Regularly sanitize using the automatic dispensers provided across touch points.
- A Passenger Locator Card (PLC) needs to be filled in while passengers are on-board before disembarking.
- Disembarking will be conducted by rows starting with the closest rows to the exit in use.
- Physical distancing should be maintained at the airport.
- Temperature checks will be conducted; passengers with temperatures above 38°C or higher will be referred for secondary assessment by Port Health in accordance with the instructions of local health authorities. If a passenger is confirmed to have a fever, he/she will not be allowed to board.
- For customs formalities, there will be contact-less processes such as reading of passport chips and face recognition.
- There shall be promotion of digital payments in order to minimize touch points.
- After baggage collection, passengers are advised to leave the terminal as soon as possible to minimize the possibility of transmission.
- There will be limited access to the terminals. Where meet and greet cannot be avoided, (persons requiring assistance) an area will be set up away from the exit gate.
At this time, scheduled commercial air will commence operations as follows:
- Kenya Airways – August 1 – resumes international flights (note that the direct New York to Nairobi flight is still suspended)
- British Airways – August 1 – 4 weekly flights on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Air France – August 6 – will begin with a flight to Paris every Friday.
- KLM – August 3 – 4 weekly flights on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Qatar Airways – August 3 – 14 weekly flights, subject to regulatory approval.
- Emirates – August 2 – 3 weekly flights on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Lufthansa – August 3 – 3 weekly flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
Kenya COVID 19 statistics as of August 6, 2020
For more information about the arrival protocols for Kenya, details can be found here
To start planning your Kenya trip, contact us at email@example.com or +1 855 666 7627